Tuesday, May 27, 2008

And the fence...

Is still not up! Darn!! We, well maybe, I should say I had BIG plans for the weekend. It was to get up the rest of the fence. We are about 70 feet short. Dan had brought home what he thought was 6 foot high chain link from work. We stretched it out and I said you know this doesn't look tall enough. He replied that because its laying down. So we take it over there and yep sure enough its 2 foot short! I chuckled to myself, as he said a few choice words. So back to unroll the other pile. And that also looks like its not the right size. I made Dan measure that one before dragging it all the way over, that stuff is heavy. Thank goodness I did it was 7 foot! I would really like to know what kind of fence they had going on at Mitchells, especially with 3 different sizes in fence!! At least they had 100 feet of 6 foot, so that wasn't to bad. We only need to buy two more rolls, that is if I can get UBC to get them in. Speaking of them...UBC has failed me again. I relly think that people should change their nick name from "You've Been Cheated" to "You've Been Screwed" Okay I know it doesn't fit the same but all in all they can't get anyting done rght! The rest of the finishing pieces for the 4 foot side were suppose to be in last week, Friday at the latest. They just arrived today and they forgot to order an other roll of 4 ft high to put in place of the drive through gate until we can get to Menards. OMG!! How many times can they screw this up?? After a nice harsh phone call it will be here tomorrow along with the two other rolls. So no more excuses it WILL be up by the weekend. FINALLY!! William won't be able to escape anymore!!


Speaking of him, that little stinker gave me another heart attach this weekend. I was planting some flowers and he was over playing on the 4 wheeler, I went inside for a minute and came out and he was gone. I figured he went to play with the girls so I pick up my mess and went to check on them. He wasn't there. He had taken off again! This time he wasn't in the garage, but down the hill on his way to someones house! He told me he was going to see his papa! Granted that's only a mile walk but with the legs of a 3 yr old that would of taken forever!


Little Madison helped plant flowers, and some more things in the garden. She really likes to help with those things. That's good because we still have a bunch to do yet. Madison also got to help daddy with the backhoe dig out tree stumps! She said it was "Way Cool" and that she wants to drive one when she gets bigger! MaKayla wasn't having a good weekend. But she still was cute. She "almost" made it up to the tractor before freaking out! Dan got her to the tire and then it was over!


Monday we were going to make it to the parade in Sidney but ran a little behind. Oh well! We did however make it to the services at the Fairview cemetery for the Veterans. Will and Madison really enjoyed the 21 gun salute. We were able to see a bunch of people we hadn't seen in awhile and they were surprised at how big the kids have gotten. What do you think is going to happen in a year?!?!


My dad was suppose to be having hip surgery tomorrow but he asked for it to be pushed back a couple of weeks. The reason being he needs to get the bees out and supered up and workers lined up. Please pray that it all comes together. And that he doesn't mess up hip more.


That's about all sorry if it was boring. I never was one for writing! Always hated it! I'll post pictures later, can't seem to find my camera cord today!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Hope all is going well with you guys, hopefully the fence gets done soon for you!!! Haven't heard from you in awhile Love the blog
Your friend
Brandy