Sunday, June 14, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane don't know when......

I'll be back home again!! That's so sad to say!! For those of you who don't know I'm now blogging from a lovely hospital room at St.Vincent Healthcare in Billings. Wahoo!! It doesn't have much of a view, I promise, but the room service and nurses are great! The medicine bites big time!!

I was flow here on Friday because baby girl wanted to make her grand entrance into the world a couple of months early! After a day on mag sulfate things started to slow down some so I was able to come off of that terrible drug by Saturday. Since things started to slow way down they moved me to the postpartum unit. Dan was in heaven with the big huge wall mounted flat screen TV. Our stay there was short since by 3pm the contractions started back just as bad, so back to labor and delivery! And that is now where I sit! Stuck in bed with a medicine that makes me fell like I'm not alive. Waiting and praying that baby girl will stay put at least another week or more.

Dr. Jackson the peri I had with the twins will be back tomorrow. I hope that he will have a trick or two up his sleeve so I can get home sooner than later. In the meantime there plan is to keep me here until things settle down some. They are hoping that the new medicine will kick in and the contractions will slow down today and tomorrow. After they do they plan on letting me stay at the Ronald McDonald house to see how I do on my own and then if things go as planned there I just might be able to venture on home! On bedrest of course and direct orders to come back if things start going down hill again. We will see how things play out. But so far this afternoon my contractions have spaced out to about 5-6 minutes apart, that's compared to the 2-4 minutes they had been, baby steps I guess!!

But the good news is that today marks 27 weeks for me, and both steroid shots are in and on board for more that 24 hours. She is looking good on the monitor and I haven't changed from 2 cm and 90% since Friday night. So the contractions aren't changing me any more, they are just annoying!!

If you didn't know about any of this I'm sorry, but it has been a very stressfull weekend for me and Dan both! He is currently on his way home to see the kids and get ready for another week at work. And we will continue to play our lives by ear with no set in stone plan!

Thank you mom for watching and taking such great care of our kids! I hope that they are being very good for you! LOL!! Please give them a huge hug and a kiss from me as I miss them like crazy!!

Rachelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you and baby Kenna to feel better real soon!! The kids are doing fine but they miss you lots.. Take advantage of the time that you have to rest because you know there is little rest with these three!!! The kids said to tell you that they LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!! Dad and I love you also. Take care and we will talk to you tomorrow. love Mom and M,M&W

Mrs. S. said...

OH NO! I got your text a couple of days later. We had really cruddy cell service where we were staying and at the park. I hope you are feeling lots better. I'm sorry I didn't get your message sooner. Take it easy.