Monday, July 6, 2009

Finally!

We got some poo out of baby girl! I was beginning to worry a little since she hasn't had ANY since the day she was born! I will say though that I was a little ticked off when I came in for her cares at 5pm and found it ALL over her bed!! In some places it had already dried up and now her cute little butt is red! We will be having some words with the doctor in the morning about that because there is no reason for it especially since she is still on a 1 to 1 ration with her nurse!!

However, in other news she is now back on the high flow cannula (still room air) because she was having a few more apnea and brady episodes. Dr. Carrol wanted to play it safe so he put her back on and she hasn't had one since, go figure!! Her PDA and the other one, they think has closed, at least they can't hear the murmmer anymore. We will find out for sure next week sometime when they repeat the echo. She got the UVA and UVC ( I think thats what they are called anyway, I forget, the belly lines) out yesterday night some time, and they have finally gave up on ever getting a PIC line to stay in her. Since those came out her TPN was stopped also!! They have settled for a normal IV in her little hand for the next couple of days. Her feeding are increasing daily, so they hope to have that out soon. As of today she was up to 15 ml or 1/2 ounce. And as her feedings increase they are decreasing her IV fluids, as long as her sugars come back in the normal range.

I kept Madison here with me this week and we are having a fun time together! Even though she didn't realise how often we would be at the hospital. but she is enjoying he time with just me I think!! But its time for bath and bed for her, so goodnight!!

Rachelle

1 comment:

Mrs. S. said...

Who would have thought poo would be something to get excited about! I'm glad she's moving in the right direction. It's great that Madison gets to spend some time with you too. Take care and talk to you soon.