Monday, July 27, 2009

I guess it time to update

Sorry I'm such a slacker these days, but can you really blame me! First off I want to send out Congratulations to the Milbradt family on the arrival of their little boy! Megan if your reading this I'm so happy for you guys and he is so cute!! Haven't had the time to leave you a message either! Sorry. But if anyone wants to head over and congratulate them you will need to click on Megans' link on the right side of my blog. I'm honestly to lazy today to link it up for you all.

Now lil miss MaKenna is up to 3# 11.5 oz as of this morning! They increased her caffeine while I was home last week (yep you read right I went home) and by Friday it finally kicked in and her spells have lessened. In fact she only had 4 major ones all day yesterday. They say its the caffeine but it maybe that she is finally starting to out grow the apena and brady episodes since she is 33.1 weeks gestation now. Time will tell. They were also able to lower her flow rate from 3 liter's to 1 liter in one week. They have slowed down on the weaning for a few days because her respiratory rate has increased a little and they don't want her to work to much yet. She is up to 33ml of breast milk per feeding with 24 calories. She prefers fresh over frozen and must be held during feedings or she doesn't digest it all. Can we all say spoiled!!

Alright well I'm off to do some grocery shopping. Sorry for such a shot update but I also have Will here as well so my time is even shorter.

3 comments:

Holly said...

That's awesome! I'm excited to hear she is growing! I show her little diaper to everyone and no one can believe she is that tiny and then they really can't believe it when I tell them she actually swims in those little premie XS diapers! Hope to get up there soon to see you and Kenna! Been a little crazy here! Tell Will 'hi' for Seth.
Love ya!

psparks said...

She's really gaining fast now. Are you going to call her Kenna?
Hope all is well with you. Love, Patti

megan said...

Thanks, Rachelle! I hope all is well with your family and the babe.