Thursday, July 16, 2009

We hit 3 pounds!!

Little miss has been hanging around at 2lbs 15.5oz for the last two days and just this morning she finally went up. She is such a turkey! Everything else with her is good. Dr. Carrol increased the high flow cannula to 3 liters last week, still on room O2 though. He had hoped that it would help with her apena and brady episodes. It really hasn't, its only pushing more air into her little tummy. So he is now in the process of weaning it back down. Up and down we go. He was joking with me yesterday on how much MaKenna reminds him of William when he was there! My how they have a good memory. Her calories have also been increased now to 24, I can't remember if I had put that on the last post or not, if so sorry! And its actually causing my breast milk to turn pink, if that is TMI sorry! Kayla saw it this morning and asked the nurse if she was giving her sister strawberry milk!! We all got a good laugh from it. Dr. Carrol is also throwing around the idea of starting her on medication for acid reflux, besides her spitting during feedings he thinks that may also be causing some of her other apena and brady spells since they are only happening during feeding time. We shall see.

In other news I have MaKayla up here with me this week. I think that a week off of a somewhat normal schedule is not for this child. She hasn't been sleeping that much or eating that great. And usually she is the best with both of all my kids. It has been a constant struggle every day. Not that I"m not enjoying my alone time with her I think she just gets tired of going over to the hospital and misses Will and Madison to play with. So today I walked her cute little butt over to the daycare across from the house and begged them to take the child! There wasn't much begging to be done they were more than willing to take her so I can regain my sanity!! She was more than excited to have kids to play with. I just hope that it goes well, since its her first time in daycare.

Rachelle

No comments: